In mathematics, not all numbers are the whole number. The numbers which are not whole numbers are known as fractions. Fractions are a numerical representation of a part of a number. A fraction has two parts; a numerator and a denominator. The numerator and the denominator ate generally whole numbers.
An example of a fraction is 1/3 where 1 is the numerator and 3 is the denominator. The numerator tells the number of parts and the denominator tells the total number of parts.
There are 6 types of fractions
- Proper fraction- when the value of the numerator is less than denominator it is known as a proper fraction. Examples are ⅔, 6/7, etc.
- Improper fraction- when the numerator is greater than the denominator it is known as an improper fraction. Examples are 5/3, 9/7, etc.
- Mixed fraction- the combination of whole number and fraction is known as a mixed fraction. Example- 21/2, etc. 2 is the whole number, 1 is the numerator and 2 is the denominator.
- Like fraction- when the denominators of the given fractions are the same, it is called a like fraction. Example: 1/2, 3/2, 5/2, 7/2, etc. mathematical operations like addition and subtraction are easy when the fractions are like fractions.
- Unlike fraction- when the denominator of the given fraction is different, it is called like a fraction. Example- ½, 2/7, etc. mathematical operations like addition and subtraction are not possible in unlike fractions. For using mathematical operations, it is necessary that unlike fractions are converted to like fractions. For example, to add 2/3 and ¾ take LCM of 3 and 4 which is 12. Then make the denominator the same by multiplying 2/3 by 4 in numerator and denominator and ¾ by 3 in numerator and denominator. The fraction we get is 8/12 and 9/12. Now, these are like fractions and mathematical operations can be used.
- Equivalent fractions- when the result after simplification of two or more fractions is the same it is known as equivalent fractions. Example- ½, 2/4
In a fraction, all the mathematical operations can be used. The fractions can be added, subtracted, multiplied, and divided.
- The fractions can be converted to mixed fractions and mixed fractions can be converted to fractions.
- These are different rules for using mathematical operation on fractions.
- It is very important to do the simplifications are fractions very precisely.
- The fraction is a vast topic in mathematics. Many calculations can be done in the fractions. There might be some error during doing these simplifications.
- For a good fraction of homework, it is always advisable to seek help from online experts.
These experts are well-acknowledged with the subject. They provide a very decent and good quality content. They aim to provide the homework on time. They tend to meet the deadlines. Their prime aim is to provide good quality content within the deadline. These experts have happy clients and are experienced. Thus, for good quality homework, it is always advisable to seek fraction homework help from online experts.