What is company registration number (CRN)?
Your Company Registration Number (CRN) is classifies as unique number to your Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or limited company. You can validate it on your certificate of incorporation from Companies House.
If you have decided to setting up a limited company by shares, shareholder is the right structure for you and your business, now what? A company registration number is a unique combination of 8 alpha-numeric digits numbers and letters. The company registration number or CRN is used to identify and verify the fact is an entity which is registered with companies’ house. Companies registration numbers are additionally displayed on the general population enlist of organizations beside company names. Here DNS Accountants in UK can assist all types of business (sole trader, limited company, real estate, healthcare, contractor, freelancer and many more) for the registration process on the behalf of business. At the time of registering the following details will be required:
- Suitable company Name
- Company Registered office address
- Name and address of Company director
- Shareholder details
- Capital information and the prescribed peculiars
- People with significant control details
Also, you get ready to receive any official letters from Companies House. You can also log into companies house web check and you can find your status about company registration. You need to put your company name in the yellow section and then by clicking on the button by the name of “search”. You can view your CRN number in the left hand side of your company name.
What is the Use of company registration number (CRN)?
There are numerous occasions when you will need to provide your company registration number (CRN) on a lot of handy for instance in case you make any enquiries with companies house like:
- Register for business taxes with HMRC
- Applying for a business bank account
- If you want to change your company name
- Changing the director name
- When you change your Accounting Refence Date (ARD)
- Register with HMRC for Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Filing a confirmation statement
- Filing copies of resolutions
- Dissolving the company
- For changing SAIL address
- Moving the location of statutory records between the registered office and SAIL address
- Issuing dividend vouchers
Where to must display your Company Registration Number
The Law requires a limited company or LLP are legally to display their company registration numbers on its company stationery and number of documents, including:
- Compliment slips
- Other forms of printed marketing material
You should not confuse your Company Registration Number (CRN) with your company’s Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR). They are two different things and serve different reasons at different times.