QuickBooks is a marvellous accounting and bookkeeping software. This software has helped thousands of small and medium-sized businesses to increase their profit. This software is most preferable when it comes to accounting. But, just like any other software this software too has some error. In this post, we are going to discuss reasons and how we can troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12031 in minimum time and effort.
What is QuickBooks Error 12031
This error is one of the most common errors and it is also known as QuickBooks Update Error 12031. It happens when a user in QuickBooks tries to refresh the QuickBooks and to be more specific when a user is trying to refresh QuickBooks Payroll service. This rigid reason would be network timeout which leads an inconvenience when you are utilizing QuickBooks.
As this error is common but still we highly recommend to repair this error as soon as possible. For immediate QuickBooks help, you can dial our toll-free number at +1(800)880-6389.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 12031
Follow the steps mentioned below to know the reasons which lead to QuickBooks Update Error 12031-
- Connection issues because of the internet.
- QuickBooks cannot access the server because of network timeout.
- Internet Explorer might not be set as default browser.
- SSL settings are inappropriate.
- Firewall or internet configurations are blocking the connection.
Fixation Steps of QuickBooks Update Error 12031
There are couples of methods which will help you to troubleshoot this QuickBooks Update Error 12031-
- Click on the Help tab.
- Choose Internet Connection Setup.
- Choose the option saying, "Use my computer's Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet".
- Select Next and then click on Done.
- Try once again to update:
- For QuickBooks 2008 and later: You have to tap on the Help tab and then click on Update QuickBooks and then select the Update Now button.
- QuickBooks 2006 and earlier: Select File tab and then click on Update QuickBooks and then select Update Now.
- Click on Update Now tab.
- Choose the Reset Update checkbox and then click on the Get Update tab.
- If you don't notice program update work then perform these steps-
- You have to check your Internet Connection and to do that check the steps for troubleshooting program and payroll update errors.
- Confirm the configuration of Internet security and personal firewall applications for the update of QuickBooks.
- Start Microsoft Windows in Safe Mode and then try to download again and if still the issue remains then follow the next method.
- To start the procedure, firstly you have to open the menu for "Internet Connection Setup" which is there in your QuickBooks.
- Click on Internet Properties.
- A variety of tabs will appear and you have to click on advanced tab.
- Make sure to match the advanced settings.
- Choose the Apply button.
- Click on OK and close the Window.
- Restart QuickBooks and try to do the payroll update process again and most probably it will be a success.
- Close the QuickBooks.
- Click on Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools and then click on Internet Options.
- Choose the Security tab and then click on Globe icon and ensure that the security setting for this part is not higher than Medium High.
- Click on the Content tab and then ensure that the tab for content advisor says Enable.
- And if the tab says Disable then enters the admin credentials for the content advisor and then disable content advisor.
- Choose the Connections tab and then implement the following steps mentioned-
- Choose the option, Never Dial a Connection.
- Use dial-up node (DUN) and ensure that you have chosen the correct ISP.
- Click on OK.
- Click on the LAN Settings button, at the bottom.
- Ensure that you have checked the checkbox to automatically detect settings.
- Confirm that the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is clear.
- If the port is older than port 80 then on the LAN settings tab click on Do not uncheck.
- Click on OK.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click on Restore Advanced Settings tab.
- Scroll and browse Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 option beneath the Settings tab.
- Ensure that Use TLS 1.0 is marked.
- Also, make sure that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not marked.
- Close the Internet Options tab and then click on OK.
- Close the Internet Explorer.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, open QuickBooks and then try to update again to check whether the error still exists or not.
Hopefully, the steps mentioned above really did help you to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 12031 but if even after implementing the above steps your issue has not resolved then we insist you call our QuickBooks support number for payroll errors. Dial +1(800)880-6389 today to get assistance.