Many steps have been taken by the government towards the development of the rural areas, one of them being easily accessible and available Rural Developments Loans. Now, these loans are of different types for different reasons. US Department of Agriculture mortgage program offers a huge opportunity to the suburban and rural homebuyers. Through USDA loans, it can help you own your dream house. Let's know more about USDA home loans:
What is a USDA loan?
For those who aren't wealthy and ineligible to get a traditional mortgage, this is the best thing that can ever happen to them. This is a type of rural development loan which is mainly for the borrowers who aren't rich but dream to have their own house. The best part of the loan is that this is a zero-down payment. Yes, you read that right. You can get a USDA loan (if you're eligible) with no down payment. The loan is issued by the US Department of Agriculture under the USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Housing Loan Program.
However, there are many more things to know and understand about USDA home loans:
• USDA loans are for every borrower, and not only for buyers: By the term "rural development loans," the very first thing that comes to mind is "farmer." Images of crops and farms pop up in the minds automatically. Unlike this assumption of yours, these loans are for residential properties and not farms.
• It includes rural as well as suburban areas: There are some conditions that are to be fulfilled to get a loan under the USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Housing Loan Program. Areas are classified as eligible and ineligible for USDA Home loans. The home that you select to buy has to be on that list of eligible areas. This list includes maximum rural regions, some suburban areas and even few mid-sized cities. So before applying for a USDA loan, make sure the area is eligible for the same.
• Know your credit score: Credit scores play a significant role when it comes to lending. It is better to check the accuracy of your credit score before you apply for a USDA loan. However, there is no minimum credit score, but a score of 640 or higher is preferable.
• Zero down payment: USDA loans are affordable because they provide a loan with zero down payment. You can get your house without paying any money before you own it. This has made it more affordable and comfortable for many borrowers.
• Property types under USDA loans: This rural development loan includes several properties. Know that properties like manufactured homes, existing homes, new construction homes, modular homes, condominiums and planned unit developments are eligible for a USDA mortgage. So, any home that you select can be of any category as mentioned above.
• Income limits: This policy has been introduced by the government to make homes available to those who cannot avail loan on regular mortgage. So those who aren't wealthy but wish their own homes are the only focus of this program. But there are chances that the loan can be misused by those who are eligible for a traditional mortgage but hide their original status. So, in order to sidestep this sort of situation, the Department of Agriculture mortgage program has drawn up rules related to income limits. Income limits are adjusted depending on the area where the property is located.
Rural Development Loan are meant purposely for the benefit of not-so-rich people. However, some of such government programs remain unknown to many people. USDA loans are one of such programs. These were some of those things that important to know about USDA Loans to have a clear understanding of the policy.