Be it an electronic or electric product or just about any other item used, they are likely to get damaged in an accident, get worn out and simply break. The chances of products to fail are very high, irrespective of what you do and how you maintain it. but this does not necessarily mean that there are no prevention steps present to avoid costly downtime.
Identifying failures and steps to rectify the same
There are several reasons for roll bearing to fail. At the same time, there are few steps that can be taken to prevent such issues from taking place. getting to know about the potential problems along with prevention steps to be taken can help to derive the optimum from the bearings and also to make the applications much more stronger.
- Contamination: Foreign substances may invade cleaning solutions or bearing lubricants, thereby causing contamination. It includes steel chips, dust, abrasive grit and dirt from the dirty tools or hands as well as the surrounding contaminated work areas.
What to identify: Find out denting of the raceways and rolling elements which causes vibration.
Tips to fix it: Clean work areas, fixtures, tools and hands and filter lubricant to diminish such risks.
- Lubrication failure: 80% of all bearing failures seem to be caused due to improper lubrication. It includes improper or insufficient lubricants usage, or excessive temperatures which degrade lubricants.
What to identify: Check out discolored rolling elements like brown or blue and rolling element tracks including excessive wear and overheating in the bearing.
Tips to fix it: Use appropriate lubrication amount and type, follow proper re-lubrication intervals and prevent grease loss.
- Misalignment: Out-of-square shaft shoulders, bent shafts, out-of-square clamping nuts, out-of-square spacers and improper installation caused by loose fits might cause misalignment issues. It results in separator failure and overheating.
What to identify: It is necessary to note a wear path not parallel to the non-rotating ring’s raceway edges.
Tips to fix it: Housings and shafts need to be inspected for run-out of bearing seats and shoulders and also use precision grade locknuts.
- Improper mounting: There are many instances, where Rolls Bearing requires press fit mounting on rotating ring.
What to identify: Several conditions might cause wear, denting, high operating temperatures, cracked rings, premature failure and early fatigue. It includes mounting of bearings upon shafts and this is achieved by applying blows or pressure to external race, or into housing simply by pressing inner ring, loose housing fits, loose shaft fits, out-of-round housings, excessively tight fits as well as poor finish.
Tips to fix it: Proper mounting instructions need to be followed and training offered to all employees to ensure that they get to know the differences that exist between improperly and properly installed mounting.
- Excessive loads: Another reason for failure is placing excessive load on the bearing.
What to identify: There may be noticed widespread fatigue areas, evidence of overheating and heaving rolling element wear paths.
Tips to fix it: Consider redesign by using bearing having greater capacity or reduce load.
The well known Rolls Bearing supplier can offer useful maintenance tips and suggestions, more detail could check from https://www.rollsbearing.com/agent-brand.html