Content marketing is an effective marketing tool in the business world. It can be a highly effective strategy, but it does take a lot of maintenance to continue to reap its rewards.
For a while now, content marketing has been the key to successful digital marketing. It works well in generating leads, closing sales, and creating brand awareness.
To stay competitive in your market, you need to be consistent in content creation. There’s different advice out there in regards to consistency – some people recommend weekly content creation, some day daily, once a week, and so on. Depending on your business and industry, and of course your time, you should aim at being as consistent as possible with your content creation.
The are several ways to create content, including:
- In-house content creation.
- Outsourcing to freelance writers.
- Combination of in-house content creation and outsourcing to freelancers.
Each of these strategies has its fair share of pros and cons. For you to follow the correct strategy, you need to understand these strategies.
In-house Content Creation
Performing content creation in-house is becoming a trend as a result of the following;
- Your content will be created by a person who understands your business.
- You don’t need to allocate a separate budget for content outsourcing.
- The content from the inside showcases your business in an accurate perspective. This is compared to giving a writing task to someone who doesn’t have a clue about your business.
However, there are still a few drawbacks of in-house content creation, including:
- Lack of an understanding of content strategy
- Lack of an understanding of keyword implementation
- Lack of engaging content development skills
While it may not seem like it, the cost of generating in-house content is more compared to outsourcing. This is due to the additional resources and skills you may need to acquire. On the other hand, outsourcing can be relatively cheap because professionals will usually charge per the hour or on word count, which will end up being less compared to in-house content creation.
- In-house content creation is slow
There are tons of distractions for the in-house content creators. On the other hand, a freelance writer will be prompt to meet the desired deadlines. Further, getting content from a third party will help in the creation of content from a strategic angle.
If you’re looking for a team of creatives to assist with your content strategy to help you grow your business, get in touch with Anchor Digital for assistance. Anchor Digital are specialists in digital marketing solutions.