Natural stones, known for their natural beauty, have a glorious aesthetic value. Considered as a gift from mother Earth, these stones are always in high demand. Natural stones come in various types, colours and materials, therefore choosing them requires thorough research and understanding.
The two most popular choices for natural stones are marble and granite. If you are considering the two options then it’s best to have a look at the pros and cons of each stone.
Marble is a metamorphic rock which is formed primarily from limestone. It is made from a composition of calcite, dolomite and other minerals that lay in the soil of Earth. Marble is very unique and it is quarried from the quarries of various countries. Companies manufacture marble in various types, colours and patterns. They are often the preferred choice for interior and have been so for centuries. Luxury marble has the capability to transform your home.
- Marble is unique and beautiful
- They are strong and durable which makes them last for centuries
- These soft stones have a tendency to make your interior look natural
- Contrary to popular belief, marble isn’t always expensive. In fact, it is sold at affordable price ranges
- Marble is heat resistant
- They do not harbour allergens and germs so you won’t get sick or get allergies
- Doesn’t require frequent maintenance
- Can be cleaned easily. They are often used for Marble for bathroom walls, kitchen walls, countertops, backsplash and flooring.
- Marble is vulnerable to stains and scratches as they are softer than other natural stones
- They get easily damaged from acidic liquids like vinegar, citric acids and other fruit juices
- Installation and maintenance of marble can be tedious, but it’s a one-time investment at the same time
Granite is a granular igneous rock that is formed from the crystallization of the magma. It has a grainy surface and texture. Granite is often used for kitchen flooring, countertops, cemetery monuments, stairways and so on. It is an extremely sturdy rock which comes in an array of colours.
- Granite is harder and stronger than marble
- Like marble, granite is heat resistant but it can get naturally cold during winters
- Granite doesn’t require high maintenance
- It doesn’t harbour allergens and germs
- It is extremely durable
- Comes in various colours and patterns
- It lacks the delicate and elegant visual that marble brings
- Susceptible to stains and damage
- Granite is very heavy so installation is not just tiresome but tedious
- It is highly porous and vulnerable to stains
Granite and marble, both have good and bad attributes to them. To answer the question in the title we’d say that both stones are equally comparable. You can opt for either of the options or make use of both of them. The choice should depend on the type of interior, space and budget.
Hopefully, this information can help you make the decision. If you’re looking for luxury marble then you can skim through Sipani Marble’s beautiful collection.
Sipani Marbles is an Italian Marble manufacturers, WHITE MARBLES manufacturers, ONYX manufacturers, TRAVERTINE manufacturers and BLACK MARBLES manufacturers that is known to provide elegant marbles like white, black, travertine, beige, black and so on. Check out the collection on the website for more details.