Diagnosing - WiFi connected but internet not working issue
In order to avoid wrong diagnosis it is best to pin down the symptoms when your WiFi connected but not working.
- If there is no internet connection or the web pages doesn’t open.
- If the internet LED is turned off.
- The power LED shows red light on Netgear router.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps- Internet connected, but not working
- Always begin with checking the cable connections and make sure they are intact and not open, broken or chewed up.
- Toggle the switch on device and try to turn the adapter settings on.
- Also make sure that the power LED of the router is solid green.
- Do run a check on the hardware of router, modem and device.
- Sometimes it is due to partial or incorrect configuration that arises WiFi connected but getting ‘No internet’ Windows 10 issue.
- Also make sure your router is running on its latest firmware.
Update Router Firmware- To fix No internet access, even though WiFi connected
The steps router firmware update when you don’t have internet access.
- Click open router’s management console option.
- Now go to the option systems section.
- Now carefully keep following the given instructions for downloading and installing the firmware update.
In case the Netgear router firmware update failed in any step follow the steps to fix.
Can refer: How To Upgrade Netgear Routers Firmware
- Make sure you have uninterrupted power connection.
- Also make sure that the router is receiving an internet connection.
- In case you have lost access to default gateway IP address then login to routerlogin.net and re-establish connection once again.
- Make sure your device doesn’t have any malware or virus attack.
- Disable all associated third party software for any hindrances in process, if you can connect to wireless router, but not to internet.
- Now download, save and unzip the .exe firmware file from your computer.
- Next download and install TFTP from official websites.
- Now go to network and sharing centre and select option properties from active network list.
- Click open the TCP/IPv4 identify the default IP address subnet mask and default gateway.
- Click and save the changed configuration.
Power cycle to fix WiFi connected but internet doesn’t work
- To fix problem of internet connected but not working error do a power cycle on your router, modem and other connected devices.
- First switch off all the essential devices.
- Wait patiently for 1 minute or so.
- Now restart your router.
Fix network connected but no internet with router resetIn case power doesn’t fix no internet access, but connected to WiFi router with resetting your router back to factory default mode. To do so follow the steps.
- Locate the factory reset button and press it with a paper clip or pin.
- Hold it for 30 seconds or so.
- While holding you will find the LEDs blinking it indicates your router is being reset.
- Once the process completes restart your device and check if WiFi connected but no internet error fixed or not.
- Read: What is the best way to reset Netgear router?
To concludeSometimes the no internet connection might arise due to malware or virus attacks. In such cases regular troubleshooting hacks will not work. you need to go for scan your device and remove it. Also while troubleshooting make sure you have a working power connection.
In case all given common hacks fails to fix Internet connected but doesn’t work. Or you need guidance then do reach out to routerlogin experts for further advanced troubleshooting fixes.