Generating traffic and leads remains the top marketing challenge for companies.
Every marketer today is faced with the problem of figuring out just what goes into a successful digital marketing campaign.
The basic goals of digital marketing services are of course clear:
• Boost brand awareness & engagement
• Drive traffic to online brand properties
• Have robust conversions to build the sales pipeline.
But achieving these can be tricky.
To be effective, digital and Social Media Marketing in India must be crafted and structured carefully.
Getting Results You Need From Digital Marketing
The growing influence of online space and platforms has understandably made digital marketing a critical priority for businesses, and getting it right is fast becoming make-or-break for brands.
A high impact digital marketing strategy typically has these 8 characteristics:
1. Targeted And Well Organized
A successful digital campaign depends to a large degree on the clarity with which it was developed in terms of its objectives.
Marketers must clearly articulate before launching any marketing effort:
1. The aim of the campaign ( brand awareness, generating buzz for a launch, social media marketing …)
2. The specific audience groups that the campaign needs to reach
3. A clear picture of success (measurable criteria like traffic, mentions, conversations, sales or leads…)
2. Right content mix
In a crowded marketplace, digital content needs to be not only relevant and appealing but also something that sets you apart.
Equally important is the right medium to be used. Every platform –blogs, website, LinkedIn among others- has a specific appeal/audience that must be leveraged.
As a marketer, you must make sure that you are delivering content via the appropriate medium for it to have the necessary impact.
3. Intelligent use of social media
Social media campaigns are an essential feature of every digital marketing effort. Channels like Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook have brought customers closer and offer several interesting possibilities:
1. Brand Storytellingâ€Š—â€Šbuild your brand by imaginative content and campaigns
2. High-quality graphic designâ€Š—â€Šincorporate eye-grabbing visuals as they usually get more traction than videos or text.
3. Optimal timingâ€Š—â€ŠHave a well-thought-out posting and engagement plan for all channels
4. Data Driven
Measurement and analysis of key metrics give vital insights with respect to course corrections, improvements in future campaigns or customer behavior tracking.
With features like promo codes, trackable URLs, marketers can make sense of how a campaign is performing using measures like visits, conversions, bounce rate, time on site etc.
5. Generates good quality leads with CTAs
Good digital marketing campaigns add a call to action (CTA) of some sort to generate sales leads. Effective CTAs gather visitors’ details via offers of additional content, limited offers, or exclusive product trials etc.
6. Curates traffic and leads efficiently
Marketers must carefully plan on what happens after customers click on a CTA to boost chances of conversions. One option is to build exclusive microsites and landing pages for key products/brands, which are particularly useful in case of paid clicks.
7. Builds trust for conversions
Customers are reassured by the incorporation of testimonials or recognition for the brand or product. Consider adding testimonials to your websites, publishing content that enhances trust like endorsements or purchase experiences which will encourage conversions.
8. Focuses engagement
Rather than just broadcasting messages, companies today can leverage the various digital channels to actually interact with visitors/clients. Responding to comments on social media, offering live chat services on websites make the brand seem more human and approachable.
For Digital marketers, the sky is indeed the limit given the flexibility of the digital channels, just needs meticulous planning and a dash of creativity!